Monday, October 04, 2010

Who would have thought?!?!?!?!!?

I've always been a city girl.
One that has lived in the "government heavily subsidised"
high rise apartments all my life!
And the odds of this situation happening is close to NEVER...
But, nevertheless, it has happened!

Who would have thought?!?!?!?!?
-
-
-
-
-

A couple of days ago while I was about to do my laundry,
a mouse pop right out of my washing machine!

I swear that was the closest encounter to a mouse
in my whole 30 years of life....
So naturally,
I screamed for dear life,
ran into the room
and hid for the entire night!

I combed Singapore in search of a rat trap.
I would have to say it wasn't easy finding one.
Maybe Singapore is so bloody clean
that no one else has a rat problem except me!
But, then again...
WHY ME?!?!?!?!?

Finally found it at the hardware shop
at Compassvale Shopping Center.

I had my first hand experience of setting up a mouse trap!
Photobucket

I waited patiently...
Peeping at the trap more than occasionally...
But, after 2 days,
STILL NO RAT!

When Kitson came home from flight,
I was more delighted than ever!
I could finally pass on the baton of my rat problem
to someone more "experience"!!
Or well, at least I have another full grown adult
to forge my battle against that nasty pest!

This is coming from the rat expert.
One that has kept rats for the sole purpose of biology lab test!
As he enters the storeroom his nose twitches....
I SMELL A RAT he said....
Kitson repositioned the rat trap and sealed off all exits!
And within an hour,
we've got our rat!
Photobucket

Now that the rat is in it's rightful place and not sharing my kitchen,
He's kinda CUTE hor!
Photobucket

Hopefully that will put an end to my rat woes....
Now that "nothing" else is sharing my kitchen,
it's back to cooking and baking a storm!

2 comments:

Ronda said...

Oh My God! That thing is huge! I would have moved in with the neighbors or checked into a hotel! You are one brave woman. Phew.

B@bYh|r0Sh| said...

Ronda: I wasn't that brave..... I will use the kitchen in the day..... and shut myself and the kid in the room at night!