Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sambal Petai & Bento Dinners

My mother-in-law method of preparing petai
would be splitting the pods in halves
to eliminate the chances
of having extra worm protein in her diet....

I've always found this process time consuming and redundant
as I always do not find anything out of the norm
in the petai I buy until today!!!

I found not 1 but 2 juicy worms hanging inside
the comfortable zone of my petai pods!
*puke*
But at least the good news is that my vegetables
are not potently laced with pesticide!
Since the worms are still interested in my food!
Photobucket

I split my petai pods into half length wise,
coz I felt that they taste crunchier cooked this way....

Yummy Sambal Petai
Photobucket

Simple fair of Steam Minced Pork,
with Healthy Xiao Bai Cai
in Oyster Sauce.....

Hiroshi's Bento Box
Photobucket

Sophia's Bento Box
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jon said...

Food looks amazing! Now I'm hungry!