Saturday, March 21, 2009

Educational Tour to Central Fire Station

Frankly speaking, I've never been to a fire station. 
Neither did I thought that I could visit one on my own. 
So, when Margie suggested on bringing the kids 
to the fire station for an educational tour, 
I was a little apprehensive about it. 
How could you visit a place where it is full of buzzing activities!?!?! 
Where life & death is just split seconds away!?!? 

I remain skeptical, 
until I reached the fire station 
and confirmed with an official 
that there is indeed such a tour going on!

I am such a mountain turtle loh!

Central Fire Station
Photobucket

Still Central Fire Station
I was just trying to be arty farty!
BTW, there is where the fire engines come out from!
Photobucket

Heritage Gallery
Pretty educational, brings you back to the past.....
Photobucket

Hiroshi in a Fire Engine
Photobucket

Hiroshi playing with a Water Spray Gun
Dear son, that not a M16!! (-_-)"'
Photobucket

Hiroshi trying on the Fire Fight Hose
Photobucket

Hiroshi on the Civil Defence Bike
Photobucket

Fire Engine with Electronic Ladder
The highest it would go is 11 storey high....
Which leaves me a little worried...
I stay 16th floor leh!
I trap there who save me arr?!?!
Photobucket

Best of all,
it is FREE to visit the fire station!
Mai Tu Liao!!
Go week after week 
until the kids are sick of seeing that shiny red truck!

2 comments:

iloveshoes said...

I've always wanted to bring R down to this as I had read it on the net as a really cool activity. Must remind myself to do it during our next home trip. Thanks for sharing

B@bYh|r0Sh| said...

Sweets: most welcome... I am sharing so that there will be lesser mountain turtles in Singapore lah! wahahahahahahaha.... I think R will have heaps of fun! Till this very day Hiroshi is still howling like a dog which he claims is the sound of the fire engine sirens!!